As per NHS, one in every four UK adults is affected by obesity. Self-monitoring coupled with healthcare support (as offered in PCL Health monitoring service) can help you stick to a weight management plan.
Obesity management includes lifestyle changes, i.e., using a low-calorie healthy diet, avoiding overeating, and exercising regularly. For some people, there may be a need for medication and psychological support as well.
- Our service helps in preventing and managing obesity through various tools, i.e., weight-at-home, BMI calculation, and activity trackers (step counts).
- The patients can set targets related to eating, physical activity, and lifestyle in general, and follow up on them.
- Professional support is available through communication with your healthcare. team including nutritionists, physical therapists, and psychologists.
- Considering a large population is obese or overweight, self-monitoring by patients helps with the capacity enhancement of healthcare providers.
- It accommodates a variety of patient needs, i.e., schedule, availability, mobility, preferences, etc.
- You can ensure adherence of a patient by watching a patient’s diet, physical activity and lifestyle trends through checklists, logs, and notes.